Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Keith Haring for Nicholas Kirkwood



One of my absolute favorite modern artists Keith Haring has inspired many designers such as Rodarte, Patricia Feild, Tommy Hilfiger & Erdem in the past. But the latest designer inspired by Haring is acclaimed british shoe designer Nicholas Kirkwood. Haring’s bold character scribbles will make a vibrant and unique print on Kirkwood’s sky-high heels.

“I watched this documentary called The Universe of Keith Haring, and though I know his style, I hadn’t seen the breadth of his work. I couldn’t stop thinking about how amazing and prolific he was and how great it would be to incorporate his graphics into my designs,” Kirkwood explained. “So I ended up approaching the Keith Haring Foundation. I had to really sell them the product, but I think they’re pretty happy with the end result.”

The collection consists of 12 footwear styles to be released in February 2011. Love the first 4 pairs already, especially the peep-toe pumps with the baby heel. Although they look more like art pieces to me that footwear.



No comments: